Astrogirl creation process

This is a project  I’ve been working on for a time now. It started as an exercise in character creation. I called it ‘Astrogirl’.

 

 

I start as with all my personal projects. I create a mini brief with a few lines description and a list of technical elements I’d like to include in the project.

 


 

Then I start like every personal project, with sketches (I really love sketching).

 



I take the ones I like the most and iterate digitally on them. 





Then I make a final approach of the character (not in too much detail so I can add to it in the 3D part).

 

 

I go into Blender and start the process of modeling.

 


 

I then retopologize the model and create the materials.

 

 

I rig the character and create the environment (since is not my specialty I use my own hard surface kitbash), a tunnel of a space ship or space station on emergency state.

 



Finally I add lighting and animate the character based on the mini brief, animate the camera, work out the details on the final animation and make the final render.

I really like the final result.

Here, the Astrogirl animation.

Comments