Creature creation (Alive animation course)

I'm currently doing the animation course by Pierrick Picaut @pierrickpicaut 'Alive'.

This is the first asset for the squirrel animation. A creature inspired by the work of artist Erika sanada www.erikasanada.com

This is the first sculpt of the creature.

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 001

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 002

The course comes with all the assets and blender files for the course but I decided to create my own so I could use them for practice.

Here I have the retopology.

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 3

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 4

I wanted to go with the colour of the course squirrel asset.


The Rigging was very interesting, my first animal like rigging. I had to remade it but learned a lot.

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 6

Creature animation (Alive animation course) 7

 

For the hopping animation, go here and here.

For the idle pose animation, go here.

For the creation process, go here.

Comments